Situated in the far north of the sub-continent, over 3500 meters (11,500 feet) up on the high plateau, Ladakh is a remote mountain kingdom in Northern India.
Ladakh's geography protected it from the ravages of the Chinese Cultural Revolution. As a result, it contains one of the most intact Tantric Buddhist societies left on earth.
High altitude desert dominated by rugged snowcapped mountains and deep turquoise lakes, this is one of the most picturesque virgin land.
Village walks are at the heart of our experience, immerse yourself in pure lifestyle in remote mountain regions.
Accompanied by expert local porters and guides, you will step out of the modern world.
A typical Ladakhi view.
Little surprises lunch and dinners, here and there.
Stay in traditional village houses which are completely transformed with modern luxury
in the most rustic setting
without compromising their authenticity.
Last time we sat on this balcony sky gazing into the clearest sky, we spotted 8 shooting stars in just 15mins!
Pssssst… we love to share our hidden gems with you!
It's our secret, ok?
The details about our road less traveled experience:
- Hong Kong to Delhi is 6hrs flight and major domestic airlines like Jet Airways, Kingfisher, Go-Air, Indigo and Indian Airlines all have daily flights from Delhi to Leh during the summer months
- A specially tailored route for you to experience a few of private village houses in different areas of Ladakh, each with its own unique charm
- We will arrange authentic experiences from conversation with monks, visits to local schools, monasteries and markets to enable you to get a full understanding of the culture, its people and religion
- For the more active walker we offer trekking and camping in remote but beautiful locations. Our treks require a reasonable level of fitness and are in remote areas in high altitutte
- River Rafting is also included (subject to water levels) and is a wonderful way to explore Ladakh. The rafting is varied with rapids ranging from Class 1 to Class 4
- This program is open from the beginning of May to the end of September annually